In this episode of The Bootstrapped SaaS Operator, solopreneur Tim Leland discusses the realities of solopreneurship and breaking through in a highly competitive space with T.ly, a link-shortening tool that currently has over 450k users and counting.
Tune in to learn more about:
~ Juggling your time as a solopreneur.
~ Gaining traction within a highly competitive space.
~ Making the decision to go into full-time entrepreneurship.
- (00:00) - Intro
- (00:36) - Why Tim chose to enter the competitive link shortener space
- (02:40) - How long did it take Tim to build t.ly’s first version?
- (03:25) - How did t.ly gain early traction?
- (05:00) - How Tim drove users to t.ly with his other products
- (07:23) - Tim’s monetization strategy for t.ly
- (09:01) - Who are the ideal customers for t.ly?
- (10:53) - Why Tim decided to focus full-time on t.ly.
- (13:54) - How Tim splits his time managing t.ly as a solopreneur.
- (15:40) - Tim’s current marketing strategies
- (17:44) - Tim’s big vision for t.ly.
- (19:41) - Outro
The SaaS Operator Newsletter
Get actionable insights from SaaS veterans to grow your MRR.
Join hundreds of PLG founders at: EarlyNode.com/Subscribe
Follow Tim Leland
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/timleland/
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/TimLeland
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timleland/
More on his journey: https://timleland.com/embracing-failure-the-journey-of-a-builder-and-maker/
Mentioned In The Episode
T.ly - Tim’s Startup
ReactSquad.io - React.js Agency for Startups
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/earlynode
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/EarlyNode
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/earlynode_crew/
On Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/earlynode
On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@earlynode
On TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@earlynode
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/nikolas_chap
On LinkedIn: https://de.linkedin.com/in/nikolas-chapoupis